Accountant / Finance Officer
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
Bring to the table win-win survival strategies to ensure proactive domination. At the end of the day, going forward, a new normal that has evolved from generation X.
- Receive, confirm and verify payments, ensuring all payments are processed promptly & accurately and that appropriate procedures and approvals have been complied with before processing any payment.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is available and properly authorized and which can be easily accessed for queries, tax and audit purposes.
- Prepares balance sheets, income statements, other reports and insights to summarise and interpret financial position and performance.
- Prepare and process all accounting journals and verify that supporting documentation to journals is available
- Accounting for petty cash for Head Office and the branches
- Undertake end of month procedures which includes preparation of management accounts and reconciliations
- Prepare branch and departments reconciliation statements
- Confirming compliance with tax laws across all business transactions
- Ensure timely remittance of all tax and other statutory deductions
- Ensuring safe custody of company records, assets and debt registers
- Arranging for withdrawal of cash for office use
- Assist in extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis
- Assist in review of processes and procedures for automation
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
- CPA Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy finance office
- Practical knowledge of applicable tax laws
- Practical knowledge of accounting software such as Navision, SAP, Quickbooks, Oracle.
- Good understanding of financial institutions’ operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally.
- Good excel skills and analysis.